Frequently-asked questions about Surface Capacitive Touchscreen.
Q. How is a surface capacitive touchscreen structured?
- Touchscreen structure (section view)
Touchscreen structure (overhead view)
Q. How does a surface capacitive touchscreen detect touched points?
- Detection mechanism of the surface capacitive technology
A touched location is detected by utilizing a variation of electrical field.
Q. What is the difference between surface capacitive and projected capacitive?
- Projected capacitive supports dual touch while surface capacitive supports single touch only.
Projected capacitive supports operations by gloved hands, and can be operated over a cover glass, while neither is possible on surface capacitive.
Q. What is the difference between CST series and YCS series?
Q. How long is operation life of a surface capacitive touchscreen?
- 50 million touches are guaranteed.
Q. What is the size range of the surface capacitive touchscreen?
- Size range is between 5.7 and 20.1in wide.
Q. How should I mount a surface capacitive touchscreen onto a LCD panel?